Clear Channel Airports (CCA), a brand division of Clear Channel Outdoor Americas (CCOA) (NYSE: CCO), and a subsidiary of iHeartMedia Inc., today announced it has signed a new four-year partnership with the Corporacion Aeroportuaria Del Este, S.A.S. (CAE) for the advertising concession at the Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ).
CCA becomes the first media company to offer a singular, comprehensive advertising platform covering the entirety of PUJ's Terminals A and B, reaching all seven million passengers who pass through the airport annually.
The enhanced advertising programme implemented by CCA at PUJ will include iconic, state-of-the-art digital assets, large format static displays, specialty floor displays and highly marketable inventory consistent across both terminals visible to PUJ passengers. The new contract began 1 September 2016.
PUJ is the second busiest airport in the Caribbean and the fastest growing airport in the region with almost a 10% increase in traffic yearly. An estimated 60% of all arrivals in the Dominican Republic are accounted for in the PUJ Airport. Punta Cana is the latest addition to CCA's Caribbean portfolio which consists of 30 airports.
Known for its white sandy beaches and crystal clear water, Punta Cana continues to grow as a personal travel destination for American and European tourists. With the new contract, CCA will be able to offer innovative advertising opportunities to major international brands and local advertisers to reach a wide array of sophisticated consumers.
CCA's advertising program at PUJ will feature an expanded digital network with marquee digital assets, large format inventory, marketing and sponsorship opportunities and specialty exhibits. Specific enhancements include:
- A large format LED Network: Visible to nearly all arriving passengers, double-sided LED video walls will be part of a terminal-wide digital network offering a rich media experience.
- Large format tension fabric displays: These low-energy LED displays offer large format and prominent positioning throughout all concourses and both terminals.
- Specialty floor exhibits: Trade show quality displays reaching an audience with non-traditional media and providing ideal consumer interaction opportunities while engaging affluent travellers
- Large format carousel advertising: Alternative advertising medium placed directly on baggage conveyors providing a unique moving message to a stationary audience.
- Free charge stations: Stations located in gate hold areas offering electrical outlets for passengers to charge their electronics before flights.
"We are excited to be forging a long-term partnership with Clear Channel Airports," said Manuel Sajour, executive marketing director, Grupo Puntacana. "Punta Cana International Airport continues to attract an extraordinary number of passengers in the Caribbean region and it is crucial that we have the most innovative advertising platform available for marketers. We look forward to working together with Clear Channel Airports to offer our sophisticated air travelers state of the art brand experiences as they are travelling through our region."
"We are very proud to be the first advertising company to exclusively offer leading edge advertising solutions for the Punta Cana International Airport," said John Moyer, SVP, development and relations, CCOA. "Punta Cana is a very important partner for us as we continue expanding our position as the leading media provider throughout the Caribbean. With our new contract, passengers visiting the region will now encounter exciting interactive brand experiments and experience the most technically advanced campaigns happening in the market."